Sunday 13 November 2011

Eh, Kembar ke?

Hi all,




Base on my own experience as a mother of twins, carrying a multiple birth provide lots of exciting situation towards us. Gembira, takut, risau, x sangka ini terjadi kepada kita, x sabar nk melihat kembar lahir ke dunia, am I going to be famous?? Ini lah perasaan bila kita sendiri mempunyai anak2 kembar kan? For those who already or intentionally going to have one, be ready for this! It’s gonna be splendid!! Yeay!

Bersedia Dengan Komen-komen dari Masyarakat Sekeliling Anda!

If you have gone public with your twin pregnancy, you have probably already noticed that some people have, let’s call it “interesting”, reactions to your situation. Here are some common questions that all mothers of twins in this whole wide world would probably experience it.

Di sini saya sediakan cara-cara untuk kita menjawab soalan atau komen tersebut. Selamat membaca!!

Annoying Comment/Question

Mereka : “Kembar!? Satu pn cukuplah... I’m glad it’s you and not me.”
Jawapan : “I agree – we’re excited!” (stay positive)

Mereka : “Get ready- you’re never going to sleep again.”
Jawapan : No response – just smile and prove them wrong by getting your twins
on a schedule.

Mereka : “Besarnya perut you! Dah berapa bulan ni!?.” (sarcastically)
Jawapan : “Baguslah, itu tandanya babies saya membesar dengan sihat.”

Mereka : “You mengandung ni natural atau pakai IVF?” (do people not realize
this is personal?)
Jawapan : If you really want to shut people up, say “No, we just had sex twice in
one night” (grin) ~ This is my favourite answer..hahah!

Mereka : “Are you going to go on bedrest?”
Jawapan : “I have no idea – that’s up to my doctor.”

Mereka : “You bersalin nanti kena Caesar (C-sect) ker?”
Jawapan : “I have no idea – that’s up to my doctor.”

Mereka : “Ada keturunan kembar ke?”
Jawapan : “Sekarang ni ada lah!” !"(or you can educate people – not many
people know that fraternal twins are hereditary, not identical. I’ve even
met identical twins who didn’t know that)

My point is that some people just don’t have a filtering mechanism. I was surprised that a lot of these comments were made by women who are already mothers and should realize the inappropriateness and negativity of their comments. Just try to grin and bear it, and remember that you are the lucky one who was blessed with two babies. I found that the most encouraging, positive people were the ones who were already moms of twins. To those who have yet to join Kelab Kembar Malaysia, please do so. You have all our support as a mother of twins! Sila klik di website ini http://kelabkembarmalaysia.my/

Iklan ini dibawakan oleh TwinQsMummy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment